Friday, April 8, 2011

Blog 4 Painting can be devastating

     I just lost my entire day's work for yesterday.  I used ctrl F in Windows Explorer and sought files with the same name...nothing.  I looked through Adobe CS5 Bridge in every drawer I visited yesterday...nothing.  I am working on a piece that will be 5 feet wide and 2.5 feet deep.  That means everything I do (with a 3 pixel brush) is done a million times.  And now I have to do it over.  My only solace is that I kept track of the brushes I used...and choosing the brush is half the work!
     I once heard Jeremy Sutton (http://www.jeremysutton.com/) say that he was filled with anxiety until he got his brush chosen.  From then on, painting was fun.  On my next blog I'm going to show you how I keep track of my brushes.  Jeremy, I thank you for your candor.  You got me started on a good technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment