Friday, June 10, 2011

Blog11 Part two: More Programs I use when painting  photos

 NUMBER FOUR  I totally love Corel Painter!  I use Painter11 now but understand that Corel Painter12  is now available.  After considerable trial and error, I decide on brushes and make my Brush Guide shown here. (See Blog 8 for info on Brush Guides.










Painting goes quickly when the image has been made into a believable photo to begin with.
As you can see by looking at the Brush Guide, the same brush is used for the foreground bush and the background tree leaves.  The  brush only  differs by size.

Since the point of my painting is to stuff as much information about Arizona as I can into each picture...I chose to add The Old Man Cactus from the Botannical Garden in Tucson.
Here is the showy Candle Cactus from that garden as well. 
NUMBER FIVE  I finally return to Adobe for a plug in from Nik Software, Viveza!
I concentrate on getting the shadows the right intensity.  Between Viveza, Photoshop and my husband, Paul...the picture takes on dimension.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment