Thursday, June 16, 2011

Blog 12 Saguaro Cactus Sunset Painting-Sunburst

      While traveling through Tucson Arizona to collect photos for my current project "Arizona Paintings",  Paul captured this silhouette with the sun illuminating the Santa Rosa Mountains and bursting through a Saguaro Cactus.

     Here is part of the Brush Guide I created after experimenting with Painter Brushes and other techniques to get the look I wanted.
     Notice the words "Sunburst Willmore #159 using Distort\wave and Distort Polar Coordinates".  That references the 159th entry into my database on how to do weird little things in Photoshop...in this case, make a sunburst.  If you would like to know how to do this, email me and I will send you my recipe.

     Here is the finished painting...not a complete silhouette...emphasis on the mountains and addition of the sunburst.


     What I like about painting is that you can place emphasis on what you want to remember...and I will not forget that Arizona sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment